Joined: 01 Mar 2004
|Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:15:14 AM Post subject: What is ExtProtect? What does it do?
|What does ExtProtect do?
It prevents the World Editor from opening your map, to prevent would-be theives from stealing credit for your hard work or putting in cheats and ruining it.
I recomend including your email in you map if you protect it so people can email you and ask how you did all the cool stuff you did in your map (sharing knowledge is good!).
What does ExtProtect look like?
How is ExtProtect better?
1) It stores an encrypted backup that can be used to easily unprotect maps if you remeber the password
2) Extremely easy to use interface
3) If you don't want to store a backup (because they make the map ~12% bigger), you can just leave the pasword fields blank and the map will actually shrink in size
4) It is the first map protector that obfuscates the JASS script to make it even more difficult to edit a protected map
5) If you find a bug, I'll fix it as soon as possible