Psychosanty.com Forum Index Psychosanty.com
Psychosanity

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bug report

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Psychosanty.com Forum Index -> ExtProtect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deadly152

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:40:33 PM    Post subject: bug report Reply with quote

Hey I'm reporting about a bug where u click protect twice and then once u close ExtProtect cant open it again, gives me an error message.
Extrarius
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:09:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you clarify exactly what is happening by listing the steps you take to cause the bug in detail?

Also, are you using the latest version of ExtProtect available from http://extprotect.psychosanity.com?
Deadly152

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:48:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is the latest version and the steps i took are
1.Select the map i wanted to protect
2.Type in the password
3.Click protect
4.Click protect again
5.exit Extprotect

and then when i opened ext back up itd give me a windows error, so i had to go in the configuration for extprotect and change the start-up map so it wudnt crash
Extrarius
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:24:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you set the "Map Name" and "Save As" boxes to the same file name?

Did you press 'Protect' twice before the first press finished protecting the map?
Deadly152

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:07:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

the save map name and stuff were already set, as i had been using the program and for the second question, i clicked protect once, it finished protecting, then i clicked protect again, let it finish, then i exited
Extrarius
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:00:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you repeated the procedure a second time to see if it causes the same problem each time? It sounds like the kind of error that would only happen randomly and thus would be very difficult to track down.

I've tried following the procedure you list but I cannot get it to cause this problem.
Deadly152

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:34:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok ill do it again...on another map lol
Deadly152

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:35:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm yeh it comes up with an error message saying it cannot access the file or something after i click twice
Extrarius
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:59:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure nothing else has the file locked? If it is open in the world editor, that seems to crash the program.

If that isn't the problem, then I'm not really sure what I can do since I cannot recreate the problem you are experiencing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:20:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it was random...cus i cant get it to happen again
Deadly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:38:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i just recreated it...if you click Unprotect twice itll do that error i explained

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:42:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:
hey i just recreated it...if you click Unprotect twice itll do that error i explained

Maybe its cus i was trying to mess with the protection and unprotection while world editor was running that map...simple explanation
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Psychosanty.com Forum Index -> ExtProtect All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: